CALL JONATHAN HODGE (502) 410-1571
When you call to schedule your appointment, we will email you a list of documents to bring to the appoint.
If you do file, the bankruptcy trustee will request the documents as well. Understand, proper investigation and preparation of your case is found in these documents.
Below is a list of what you should bring with you to the appointment:
• Recent bills, bank statements, collections letters, mortgage statements, car loan/leasebilling statements, and tax notices.
• All court records and papers for all known lawsuits.
• If being garnished, please get a copy of the garnishment order from your payroll office.
• If you are paying on a car loan or note, please bring a copy of the purchase contract and a recent billing statement.
• All recent pay-stubs or income statements (Social Security, pension, retirement, 401k etc.)
• Copies of State and federal tax returns (past year or two)
The goal of a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy is a discharge from debts and financial burdens and offer a “fresh start” to buy a car or a home. It works the day you file because the Bankruptcy Court has the power to stop thru an “automatic stay” any action being taken by a creditor to collect from you.
In addition, a Chapter 13 Bankruptcy can stop a foreclosure sale and restructure a repayment plan to let you keep your home.
Bankruptcy is a powerful tool that requires your thoughtful consideration, especially if you are falling further behind with no way out.
Call now for a free consultation to investigate how it might help you.
“We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the BankruptcyCode.”
THIS FIRM IS NOT A BANKRUPTCY FACTORY
We are not one of the large bankruptcy firms in the Louisville where your case is just another case on the assembly line. You will receive attention to the details of your bankruptcy case, you will receive follow ups to your questions, you will know the status of your case. You will talk with your bankruptcy attorney directly. You will not be passed from attorney to attorney like at a large firm. Jonathan Hodge has been practicing bankruptcy law since 2002 and knows how to prepare and manage your case to painlessly complete the bankruptcy process.
SCHEDULING AN APPOINTMENT
To schedule a free consultation to discuss the benefits of bankruptcy, please call or email the main office at 502-410-1570 Monday through Friday from 8:30am – 6:00pm.
When you call, you will be asked for some basic information about your income, your debts and your assets to tailor the discussion to your needs. The more detailed and complete information that can be provided, the better we will be able to advise you.
Some of the questions you will be asked while scheduling your free appointment are:
• What sources of income do you receive?
• Are you single, married, or divorced?
• Do you own a home, rent/lease, or are you living with someone else for free?
• Do you own, lease or pay for a car?
• Do you have credit card debts?
• Have your wages or bank accounts been garnished?
Are there immediate concerns?
Be sure to give details about the problem. Relief from some situations is possible and must be taken immediately, including:
• Your wages are about to be or have been garnished. There are circumstances where the money can be recovered.
• You have been served a summons for a lawsuit or collection action.
• Your drivers’ license has been suspended for a motor vehicle judgment by insurer
• You received a court action such as a Motion for Summary Judgment, Default Judgment or Judgment of Foreclosure and Sale.
• Your home is scheduled for foreclosure sale
• You are late or missed an installment on your car note (giving the lender rights to repossess), or your car has been repossessed.
THIS IS AN ADVERTISEMENT